9 Things Great About Grapefruit
Fresh grapefruit is super healthful, so adding it to your diet is a great way to maintain optimum health. If you purchase bulk grapefruit online or have leftovers, they can be used in ways other than just eating solo or using in recipes. Here are 9 things great about grapefruit that make this amazing citrus worth every penny.
1. Use ruby red grapefruit to help get rid of dark patches on your knees and elbows. Because grapefruit contains large amounts of Vitamin C, it will reduce spots by eliminating excess production of skin pigment.
2. Red grapefruit is a wonderful metabolism booster. Adding this sweetest grapefruit to your diet can help you lose pounds.
3. Create a grapefruit scrub for ultimate smooth, silky skin. For the scrub, combine 3/4 cup Epsom salt, 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/2 ruby red grapefruit and a citrus essential oil, if desired. Place ingredients in a mason jar and keep for yourself or give as a gift. Use before bathing or showering.
4. Ruby red grapefruit works as a disinfecting cleaner. Dip the juiced half of a fresh grapefruit in a plate of sea salt, and then rub surfaces to clean.
5. Ruby red grapefruit is great for the skin because it’s high in Vitamin C, which is essential for producing healthy collagen to help keep your complexion plump and smooth.
6. Fresh grapefruit keeps teeth healthy because of the fruit’s Vitamin C content, which helps gum tissue.
7. To pamper your hands and feet after a long day or workout, combine fresh grapefruit juice and warm water for a refreshing soak.
8. Prepare a household cleaner using grapefruit peel. Place peels in a mason jar, cover with vinegar, screw on the lid and let sit in a cool, dark place for one week. Strain off vinegar and pour into a spray bottle; discard grapefruit peels. Fill the rest of the bottle with water and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Shake gently before using for a fresh and easy cleanser.
9. Use grapefruit for decoration. Dry fresh grapefruit slices and hang as ornaments on a Christmas tree, or fill a pretty bowl for table décor. You can also prepare candied grapefruit peel as a garnish for sweet and savory dishes.